Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Slow-Cooker Eggplant and Tomato Pasta - really easy!

Tonight for dinner I made a really simple recipe for Slow-Cooker Eggplant and Tomato Pasta. I found the recipe in the current All You magazine. I love to toss in a slow-cooker recipe into my repertoire when ever I can - it makes my life so much easier!

There are a couple of things I would change about this recipe as posted on MealsMatter.com 1.) peel the egg plant. It probably won't "hold up" as well but there was something weird about the skin on the eggplant after it was cooked. 2.) cut the eggplant into smaller pieces. The recipe calls for 1/2 inch pieces and I think mine were much bigger. I really LOVED the pasta. It was springy and so much fun! It was definitely a recipe I would try again - it got a thumbs up from my 5yr old. We served our dinner with a side salad and Sister Schuberts yeast rolls.

0 comments: